1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ines returns to Jets practice

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by hondo, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Tony Kornheiser has capped teeth. That ain't going to make him handsome.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I see what you mean. Guess I was looking at it from a different perspective.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Who you calling a beast, Luggy?

4. Mediator

Mediator Member

Last year, if you were a woman covering the Jets, that whole firestorm made your job harder. Not only did you have to deal with an altered dynamic between players and press, but outside fans were again railing against women for wanting to cover sports.

5. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

If finding players' families' in the stands having your assistant find players' families in the stands and standing in their general vicinity while reading a script the producer wrote for you the night before off an index card your assistant has kept up with the entire game and handed you just before you went on camera is good journalistic ability then Andrews has it.

6. Cubbiebum

Cubbiebum Member

Thinking about it wrong. What kind of attire is generally believed good for men in society? A suit and tie. If you polled women they will prefer a man in dress clothes to a man in a t-shirt or tank top.

For what men find attractive for women it is a tight dress with heels on.

Both men and women are wearing what the opposite sex generally finds the most attractive.

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Lugnuts! Send back my tight dress! ASAP!!

8. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Well, all I can say is that I support Gingerbread's position on the issue. Her opinion is the one that matters most.

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Lugnuts. Never mind. Send the dress to Gingerbread.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Are you saying pants suits aren't sexy?

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

The heels kinda give it away for me. It's like working at sportscenter and wearing $500 shoes underneath the desk. No one's going to see them. If you're out at a practice field wearing something that could very get ruined by wearing them out there, then you're trying to get seen by your co-workers more than you doing anything for viewers who wouldn't know if you had Keds on.

Maybe Azteca does full toe-to-head camera pans, though. I dunno.

12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

It remains an utter disgrace of our time that no woman is running a major broadcast network. By now, the capable women have no one to blame but themselves.

Draft saved Draft deleted