1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ines returns to Jets practice

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by hondo, Sep 14, 2011.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

http://deadspin.com/5840245/

Sorry guys. No, she's not "asking for it" in terms of inappropriate comments or sexual harassment or certainly not in the physical sense.

But she's certainly asking for attention. At this point, she's no different than Jen Sterger.

2. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

This thread is going to be fun ...

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Those don't look like four-inch heels to me.

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

in terms of being any sort of 'female journalist,' this woman is a joke. a fine looking joke, sure, but a joke nonetheless who is disdained by the very legit, very good and very focused female reporters who have to put up with her shameless act. if they mock her themselves, they're just being catty, right? every time she shows up at a field or a game or in a locker room she sets back every stride women have worked so hard to gain in the eyes of the masses.

5. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Please reset the game clock to 15 minutes ...

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Now THAT is a Kickin' Sweet Live Ass.

Wait, this isn't the SI thread?

7. Mediator

Mediator Member

"if they mock her themselves, they're just being catty, right? every time she shows up at a field or a game or in a locker room she sets back every stride women have worked so hard to gain in the eyes of the masses."

Shockey, that is pretty much what a woman said to me as we stood together on the Jets sideline this morning.

8. Cubbiebum

Cubbiebum Member

Can you explain how Sterger is like this?

9. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Had a really interesting chat with someone about Sainz months after last year's gong show. He said that, if you watch Spanish-language news/sports shows, well, this is the way their women are dressed.

Very flamboyant. Very look-at-me. Very "If I've got it, I'm going to flaunt it."

That's just the way it is. I'm personally not a fan of it, because I agree with Mediator's compatriot about what it does for the other women, especially since this really isn't tolerated by mainstream North American outlets anymore.

But when it comes to Univision or Azteca Deportes, that's not going to be changing anytime soon, if ever.

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I'm always amazed by the tremors caused by women who appear to be, you know, women. She's wearing a dress and heels that are appropriate for her audience and network. Other than wondering how those heels look after they've been sinking into a grass field after a good rain, I think she looks very nice. A tad flashy for her US colleagues, but that's okay.

Maybe I've just been around it too long, but I'm really over the whole 'one of THOSE women ruins it for everyone else.' That's just dumb. You represent yourself, that's it.

I swear, some of our colleagues won't be happy until we all look like Pat from SNL.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

When I was in college and we got maybe 10 channels, I used to watch Univision (or was it Telemundo?) all the time. I don't know how it is now, but EVERY show had the hot woman dressed in skimpy outfits. Even the damned children's shows were hosted by hot women in skimpy outfits. The game show always had a short fat guy hosting. ... with a hot woman dressed in a skimpy outfit as his sidekick. And the soap operas? Lots of hot women dressed in skimpy outfits.

I couldn't get enough of it.

12. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

I used to think the same way, until I saw Lisa Olson confront Meredith Vieira at the 2001 World Series. Was right next to it, by fluke.

Changed my opinion.

Draft saved Draft deleted