1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Indy Star front

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SCEditor, Mar 8, 2012.

1. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

Tell me I'm missing something.

http://www.newseum.org/todaysfrontpages/hr.asp?fpVname=IN_IS&ref_pge=gal&b_pge=2

The Indy Star's front page makes NO mention of Peyton Manning? I realize most people had the story the day before, but still -- NO mention on the front?

2. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Guessing they had a separate section.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

You're missing something. Something pretty obvious.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Nah, it's way funner to go with his way. That's right! They totally missed it! Probably just a column and maybe a newser on the sports front.

5. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

I'm told they had a special section that wrapped around 1A. I don't know why you wouldn't post that front on Newseum.com.

I probably should have figured that, but it's been a heck of a long day in SCEditorville. Train derailment in my neck of the woods led to about four hours of sleep.

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

What happened to Peyton Manning?

7. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

He got traded to the Pirates for AJ Burnett ... Pirates are going to pay the bulk of Burnett's salary.

8. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

i thought burnett was going to pay part of manning's salary

9. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Considering all the stuff on their website, I'm pretty sure they had all the angles covered. Looked all over for the special section cover, but not a lot of places posting newspaper sports fronts these days. If anyone can find it, I'd love to see how they played it.

http://www.indystar.com/section/sports0303

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Wrong, wrong, wrong. He's leaving the Colts to fight Kony [/bluefont]

11. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

That's very likely an automated process that sends whatever's in the system as "A1" to Newseum. Guessing the special section front was coded otherwise.

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Isn't it a little weird to have absolutely no reference to Manning or the special section on A1?

Draft saved Draft deleted