1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Indoor Football Team Asks for Feedback

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by daytonadan1983, Apr 22, 2008.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Well, I would argue that this sort of treatment would be good for any kind of "minor" pro sports franchise, if only because it would create some jobs for my fellow journalists who are losing paying gigs at newspapers.

2. reformedhack

reformedhack Well-Known Member

Well, there was that other league with the outdoor team in Irving ...

3. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

I would say yes. The best coverage your team is most likely ever going to get is the kind you provide. However I use "best" fairly loosely. I doubt you'll want to provide the kind of coverage that requires you to write about things like when a star player gets whacked out, beats his girlfriend and runs over over a bunch of neighborhood kids in a stolen car.

4. daytonadan1983

daytonadan1983 Well-Known Member

My apologies ... I meant to say only league other than the NFL ....

As far as the off-the-field drama ... I've had to handle an on-field death; after that experience, I think I can handle anything...

5. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

The Web site is quite good. As a guy who covers the IFL I can say it's one of the best in the league. If you want any tips on stories, feel free to PM me. I have to read up on the league for the day job anyway, might as well help out while I'm doing it.

As far as coverage, we cover our IFL team pretty well up here (I like to think), but then they're just competing with Junior A hockey and high school right now. I can see how you'd get overlooked in your market.

Some very nice work, though. You guys should be proud.

Draft saved Draft deleted