1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Indicted DeLay: Liberals like Hitler

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Lamar Mundane, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Gold

Gold Active Member

Tom Delay compares liberals to Hitler. Remember, this is somebody the elected Republicans chose as their leader.
    Ann Coulter calls John Edwards a faggot.
    Sean Hannity calls liberalism a disease.

... and yet it's Democrats who are practicing divisive partisan politics.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

And all the while Pelosi, Reid and Co. were tossing bouquets at Bush and Republicans.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Sounds like a solid rule to me.

4. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

There's no reason to even make this partisan. Like buckweaver mentioned, it's the fact that DeLay is comparing the treatment of his misdeeds to the Holocaust and racism that makes him an utterly useless human being. It's so fucking disgusting to think someone could ever be so self-absorbed.

5. Go To Jail.
    Go Directly To Jail.
    Do Not Pass Go.
    Do Not Collect $200.

6. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I haven't been to the one in D.C. yet either. However, I doubt anything is more sobering than actually walking through Auschwitz. I went for a day a couple weekends ago and I didn't say a single word for 2 hrs afterward.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I went to Dachau about 35 years ago on a cold, rainy, windy October day.

It wasn't exactly what I had in mind when I decided to go hitchiking through Europe after university. Shook me out of my sheltered suburban uprbringing though.

8. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

Never went to any of those places, but met a few survivors, which is a whole different level of speechlessness. What can you say to a person who endured that much? I felt almost unworthy to even shake their hands...and when people mention what survivors would think about comments like DeLay's, I would think they kind of turn their heads and let their incredible survival speak for them.

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Been to the Holocaust Museum in Houston with my dad, not long ago. Very impressive and chilling experience. I can only imagine what the other museums must be like.

And it's always, always, always been a bad idea to use the Hitler argument, especially in partisan politics. Anyone who does use it should be ashamed.

10. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

The concept of the Big Lie is valid. You just have to be careful and reasonable in how you apply it in critical writing.

11. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

The old roach-killer is the king of understatement: Everyone knows liberals are worse than Hitler.

YHS, etc

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Since this administration is the most effective deployer of Big Lies since the Third Reich . . . what can you say about a disingenuous pol who'll do ANYTHING for money/power . . . such as DeLay?

Draft saved Draft deleted