1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Indians Writer

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help available' started by indiansnetwork, Mar 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

This was posted on MLB Trade Rumors.com. I am only posting this as a friend of the site. I do not owe or operate this site.

A Little Help: Indians

More rumors, news, and analysis is always a good thing. Today I'm looking for someone to represent the Cleveland Indians.

What am I looking for in this person?

* Solid writing skills and a style that fits with MLBTradeRumors. Basically, I'll know it when I see it. I'm looking for the same type of analysis you see here every day.
    * Someone who can post up-to-the-minute Indians rumors as they surface. I want a person who follows the Tribe religiously and will have every source (traditional newspapers, high quality blogs, radio) covered. It would make sense to have all the pertinent websites on an RSS reader. You should be near a computer most times and able to hop on and write a post if something happens.
    * While this person is probably an Indians fan, objective analysis is preferred. Additionally it would be nice to provide the local vibe/sentiment that people might otherwise not know about. That might sound contradictory but I don't think it is.
    * The benefit to you: a decent-sized audience and a chance to do a little sportswriting. It could be a nice resume-builder and I would be happy to serve as a reference for you. And I will give you some insight on how I do what I do, for what that's worth.
    * Build your audience: within reason, you can link to your own blog or website and gain some new readers.
    * Email me at mlbtraderumors@gmail.com if this interests you and explain why you're the best candidate. I'll choose one person and unfortunately won't be able to reply to all. A sample post of a rumor/signing (whether fake or true) might help make your case. Note: long-winded posts are not my style! Brevity is a plus - I like 3-4 paragraph posts.

NOTE: Please don't contact me about doing this for other teams. I just want an Indians person at the moment.

2. Great. So you get paid precisely nothing to steal things from other sources? Where do I sign up? I\'m sure my time at Uncle Jim Joe Bob\'s blog site will land me at the Plain-Dealer in no time. ::)

3. Dan Hickling

Dan Hickling Member

Isn't this the same as that Cubs' thing posted here a few weeks ago...?

4. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

No need to update the "Relevant thread started" in your sig, indians.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.