1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Indianapolis Star prep reporter opening

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by jim lefko, Feb 25, 2011.

1. LevinTBlack

LevinTBlack Member

Indy's got big schools all over the city and most are on the out skirts. Many of the top teams are either just outside Indy or on the outskirts. I know of a Indy Star building in Pike which is on the NE side. You may be stationed there. I don't know if that building is just a press with no newsroom or what. The main newsroom is in downtown. It's about 20-30 minutes to get from one to the other. I used to live in Pike and had a Pacers internship so I drove from Pike to downtown daily.

2. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Our paper used to have zoned sections where a lot of the prep stories went, but you still helped out in the daily loop because we cover a lot of high school sports. Even though we dropped the zones a few years ago the prep coverage didn't change. I would imagine whoever gets this will get plenty of chances to write in daily as well.

3. Elmwood44

Elmwood44 New Member

Any idea if they've started making moves on this position, especially if they are wanting the new person to start in less than a month.

4. jim lefko

jim lefko New Member

Update on the job search....

With my inbox jammed from over 160 applicants/resumes, I am closing the proverbial door and proceeding with the next step in the process. After identifying a group of finalists, I will be contacting those folks first. Then I will let everyone else know where they stand in the process.

I am amazed by not only the high level of interest in the position but also the overall quality of the applicants. Stunning amount of talent out there.

Thanks to all for being so professional in this job hunt.

I hope to have the position filled sometime in April.

5. mtvsportswriter

mtvsportswriter New Member

Thanks for posting Jim. I've been working on applying for the job, but will save myself the time since you have stopped taking applications.

6. MartinonMTV2

MartinonMTV2 New Member

Probably not something to proffer.

7. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Thank you, Jim. For some reason the phrase "Good Luck, Jim" from Mission Impossible comes to mind here... lol

8. esport12

esport12 Member

I believe they are down to finalists.

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Who left the Star's prep staff?

10. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

They are down to finalists. Got an e-mail from Jim saying so.

11. spud

spud Member

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/82755/

12. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted