1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Indianapolis Coffee Shop Suggestions Sought

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BNWriter, Jul 8, 2014.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So I should start a Coffee & Ammo shop. Should I stock up on soy milk and feature lattes or go without?

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

There are a lot of "faith based" coffee shops. But, I'm not sure I'd actually consider any of them right wing.

5. YankeeFan

This is awesome.

Thank you for being you. This was unexpected, but I'm so tickled by it.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So there is a far left wing but no right wing? That bird is gonna have a hard time flying.

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

That's not Jesus, it's Freq Poster working it.

9. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

You don't have to imagine it: The Conservative Cafe in Crown Point, Ind. -- a conservative bastion in otherwise Democratic-leaning Lake County outside Chicago, opened by a guy named David Beckham.

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/aug/11/nation/na-cafe11

Friends warned Beckham to stay away from the conservative theme before the cafe opened in October 2007. The former art teacher came up with the idea about five years ago, he said, after souring on Starbucks and other high-end coffee chains.

Beckham should have listened to his friends. The free market spoke (just like it did for the "Atlas Shrugged" movie trilogy), and the Conservative Cafe was out of business only a few years later. Now there's apolitical restaurant on the site.

http://posttrib.suntimes.com/entertainment/dining/6987191-421/station-21-serves-american-comfort-food-in-hearty-portions.html#.TkyCIFVxRFc.facebook

10. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Oh, and I recognize that YF is attempting to perform satire that (I presume) is nothing personal toward me. If it is, I don't give a shit. As for 93Devil, I lived (past tense) in Indy, but I'm from there and am back quite often.

11. YankeeFan

Pure satire Bob. Nothing against you. Thought I was taking a shot at myself more than anything.

The right wing coffee shop sounds hysterical/awesome. I'm not sure which is more unusual, a right wing art teacher, or a right wing coffee shop owner.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Coffee crosses party lines. Herbal tea, not so much.

Draft saved Draft deleted