1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Indianapolis advice needed...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BadgerBeer, Oct 1, 2007.

1. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

Hustle, playing the brickyard is truly an awesome experience. But, if you can time it right, do it when they are practicing for the Allstate 400. There's just something cool about hitting a shot with NASCAR stock cars doing 170 around you inside the track.

And, playthrough, you may be right about it being underrated. I worked part time at the Trophy Club in Lebanon and enjoyed playing privledges on a lot of Circle City courses. Some of the best golf I played was there.

2. Some good concert venues if you're into that kind of stuff. Clubs, I mean. The Patio in Broad Ripple. And there's a new place called the Music Mill on the north side that is tremendous.

It's a fun city. You won't be bored.

3. The museum there is also well worth a visit. Lots of Indy 500 winning cars as well as some classic street automobiles [including one driven by Clark Gable in To Please a Lady]. They also have some of the old helmets and timing equipment.

The bus tour is a nice way to kill some time, but be warned: the driver will make the last person to board sing.

Draft saved Draft deleted