1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Indiana student sues over school graduation prayer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by WaylonJennings, Mar 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

That being the case, why not side with the guy who insists that the law be followed?

2. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

I'm glad to see the lawsuit. I went to a high school where everyone felt it necessary to pray before tons of events. Hell, after the SCOTUS decision, a parent would drive a pickup truck with speakers and a mic in the bed out on to the football field so we could all pray. These same people would freak out if you asked if another religious group could pray. "NO! THIS IS A CHRISTIAN NATION, FOUNDED ON CHRISTIAN VALUES!" I like seeing these people have it shoved up their ass once in a while.

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

So you admit this isn't about protecting the Constitution, but instead about using the legal system to fuck with people you have no tolerance for?

Also, have you ever heard of the sociological imagination?

4. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

I believe that the case law is very clear as to what is and is not legal to do in public schools.

I was very tolerant of these people when I was in high school. I never caused a disruption or protested during any of their prayers. Hell, most of the time I even bowed my head and closed my eyes.

Now, I wish this same group would be tolerant of the United States Constitution.

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

What's your point?

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Good to know you're very tolerant of those for whom you enjoy seeing things get shoved up their ass.

7. Point of Order

You're taking an intellectual beat-down here. The intimidation tactics don't work too good from behind your keyboard.

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Soory for the confusion; that was a rhetorical question.

9. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

At least I'm not making an argument against their clearly established Constitutional right to practice the religion of their choice.

10. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Hear's to that.

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I'm not trying to intimidate anyone. I'm just making fun of people who are dumb/and or take themselves too seriously. To that end, you're one of my favorite posters.

12. Point of Order

What's that? You're making an ass out of yourself because you think it makes me look silly? Good one. ::)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.