1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Indiana student sues over school graduation prayer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by WaylonJennings, Mar 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Ask them to pray to Allah as well. If they agree, then so be it. :)

2. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Good for him. Public schools can't market religion in this way.

3. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I bet Greenwood is going to revise that government class curriculum. Maybe it'll get some textbooks from Texas.

4. I don't see what the problem is, the kids at Lee Greenwood High sing "God Bless the USA" all the time. And, they can't take that away.

5. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Funny thing about Greenwood and religion, which has some Catholic but often is very much of the Babtist kind, is that the 'burb a few years ago suddenly became home to a large community of Sikh truckers.

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

This is idiotic.

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Ditto.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I just didn't bow my head and didn't say amen. No biggie.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I hope the lawsuit costs the school district millions and millions of dollars to defend. And if the ACLU wins, I hope there's room for some punitive damages as well. That would be AWESOME for the taxpayers in that school district.

There is no better way for a school district to spend its money (which grows on trees anyways) than fighting ACLU lawsuits. Its a win-win for all the taxpayers.

10. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Or they could just follow the law for free.

11. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I remember that story in Gospels when the man told Jesus he didn't believe in him, and Jesus told him he had one chance to shut his hole before the Apostles gave him the multiple ass-beatings he had coming.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.