1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Indiana sports journalists: Golf outing June 14

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by crimsonace, May 9, 2007.

1. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

Bring your friends ... and yourself, of course.

The Indiana Sportswriters & Sportscasters Association is resurrecting its golf outing, which will be at 11 a.m. June 14 (conveniently in-between PM & AM cycles :) ) at Saddlebrook Golf Club in Indianapolis.

Cost is $48 per player, which includes 18 holes, cart, dinner and a few other goodies (dinner only: $12).

Spend a day with fellow sports journalists and giving yourself an excuse to get on the links and play 18.

If interested, PM me and I'll get you the info.

(and, if interested in who we are, the ISSA is a 51-year-old organization that exists to honor Indiana's sports journalists. For the last 11 years, our highlight has been the annual Hall of Fame class. The 12th Hall of Fame induction ceremony will be next April. If you have any ideas to nominate people for the Hall of Fame, or the Indiana Sportswriter & Sportscaster of the Year awards, PM me and I'll get their names on the agenda).

2. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

I think i played saddlebrook when I live in indy... a check of the ball collection says yes.

not a bad little course, probably worth 30 bucks, especially in that area. too bad you couldn't make it the brickyard (I know, the price), but that's a fun course. otherwise, i would suggest next year you try the trophy club in lebanon. that place is top notch (i used to work there, just don't mention you know me). they hold a annual strip club's outing there every year, complete with naked women. that was fun too.

3. deadliner

deadliner Member

Sounds like a good time. Will you pick up my expenses if I fly in from the East Coast?

4. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Ah, the Hidden Valley Golf Course of the Midwest.

SoCals, you know of what I speak ;D :D ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted