1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Indiana Racists Alarm Obama Campaign Backers

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Deeper_Background, May 13, 2008.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Re: MSNBC: Indiana Racists Alarm Obama Backers

People with less than half a brain decide elections.
    Obama can't count on people being good and these kinds of stupid things have tripped up the last two Democratic nominees.
    Does no one remember the swift boats or internet invention?

2. Re: MSNBC: Indiana Racists Alarm Obama Backers

So the inherent problems with Gore and Kerry had nothing to do with why they lost.

I just love it when liberals are condescending.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

So how does the presence of 20-30 pics on Google have any impact to someone, y'know, using their brain to decide the leader of the free world on issues other than that?

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

So every single person who didn't vote for Gore or Kerry did so because of legitimate issues? Sorry...I'd rather be condescending than ignorant.

5. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

I fully support New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson. The jeans and jacket look is magnifique!

6. Re: MSNBC: Indiana Racists Alarm Obama Backers

And every single person who didn't vote for Bush did so because of legitimate issues?

See how 'round and 'round we can go on this one?

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Not surprisingly, you didn't answer the question. Need me to type slower?

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I don't think I ever made that claim, but if that's the strawman you want to go with, I'll bring a lighter to the party.

9. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Google 'Britney' and 'cooter,' and you'll get considerably more hits - with every bit as much political, cultural, social and practical relevance.

10. Re: MSNBC: Indiana Racists Alarm Obama Backers

It's no strawman, it's the logical extension of your statement. Well, logical for most people, at least.

11. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

Allen: I'm just saying that the mayor's view in the article is not entirely unfounded. (given that the ABC News picture has been widely distributed all over the internet via conservative blogs)

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Hmm...put it to a vote if you think your line of reasoning is logical. Otherwise, I stand by what I said.

And D_B...not talking about unfounded. But anyone who lets that be the reason why they don't vote for Obama (or any incredibly minor, SINGLE detail about McCain and not voting for him) is someone who is doing a disservice to America.

Draft saved Draft deleted