1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Indiana Men's Basketball Beat Writer, Bloomington, IN

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by ChmDogg, May 2, 2006.

1. giantjay25

giantjay25 Member

So, as the title of this thread says, what's going on with the IU beat writer position that this was supposed to be about?

Anyone know more about the status?

2. Pat can have his good moments. Just my opinion but H-L guys were a little more down to earth and seemed more interested in getting the story. Both good, solid papers. Still, few C-J guys are in same category as Stan Sutton. Won't budge on that one.

3. fortyoz

fortyoz Guest

Who really cares what writer is an asshole, and who is cool?
    I think we should all get our chewing gum out of our panties and grow up.

4. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

why would you put chewing gum in your panties?

5. JME

JME Member

Please!! Please, please budge, mr. outsidethelines!!

6. fortyoz

fortyoz Guest

cause little girls do strange things....

7. giantjay25

giantjay25 Member

Bueller?

8. Is Stan staying in Bloomington?

9. Pops

Pops Member

Sorry to hijack this thread BACK to the topic, but it seems a few people are interested.

From what I've heard, they're moving slow. No one should expect to hear anything until July. I think that's sort of a peculiar move, given the football aspect of the job, but apparently they're not particularly short-handed right now. I don't know if they're still accepting new apps or not.

I know one person who has an "inside" track on this job and is qualified. However, despite presumably underwhelming salary, I have to imagine they'll have a ton of very good applicants.

Perhaps it's worth placing a call to Kelvin Sampson? I hear he never strays too far from his phone ...

10. Lord_Gordon

Lord_Gordon New Member

Does anyone have any guesses at how low this "presumably underwhelming salary" might be?

11. Pops

Pops Member

My guess is anywhere from 26-34K. Like most jobs, it probably will have a lot to do with experience ... not sure what they consider their "base" though.

12. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

The toughest part of the "football aspect of this job" is figuring out how to write a different lede for each Big Ten (11) loss.

Draft saved Draft deleted