1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Indiana Men's Basketball Beat Writer, Bloomington, IN

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by ChmDogg, May 2, 2006.

1. abesimpson22

abesimpson22 Guest

^ Send one

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

True that. It was somewhat painful to explain to an ex-IU assistant I know that many of Hammel's ways of doing things are not by any means accepted these days. He said something like, "Yeah, I don't want you sleeping outside my office like you're my lapdog either."

3. Larrbear

Larrbear Member

I know we are talking IU, but it just got me dreaming

4. Nonetheless, still a good gig to cover Big 11, which could lead to peripheral things in freelance and, eventually, on to a bigger paper.

5. giantjay25

giantjay25 Member

Anyone know what's happenin' here?

Anyone care?

6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Amen to that.

As a college and young pro reporter, Stan was always a great guy and very helpful. Sad to see top-notch, good guys like him leave.

Stan is a pro's pro.

7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Indeed.

Stan always treated me and my colleagues with respect when we were just college cub reporters. He had one of those cool old-school laptops, as I recall. A class act, all the way.

Saw him at an event two years ago, a true gentleman, he remembered me from the old days though it was long since my student reporter days. Little things like that are always appreciated, though I regard it as a big thing.

Will be interesting to see what kind of hire they make here. The newspaper has to decide if it wants to start beating the Indy Star and IU student paper with consistency, because it's homer rep was well-earned in the Bobby days, as unfortunately immortalized forever in A Season on the Brink.

8. 10.27.04

10.27.04 Member

Heard that they are looking through resumes and hope to contact finalists by June 1.

9. Stan is a tremendous guy and a heck of a golfer. Always had time for everyone and never had a chip on his shoulder which is rare for someone who came from the Courier-Journal in Louisville. Most think they invented Sports Writing!!!!!!!

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I think you invented exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

2 posts, OTL, and they're both about the Courier-Journal. What's the matter? Did someone there throw the resume in the trash and forget to call?
    I don't have a dog in this hunt, far from it, but you come off pretty petty.

12. PaseanaARG

PaseanaARG Guest

C-J people think they invented writing? Which ones? I don't know anybody there who acts like that.

Draft saved Draft deleted