1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull predictions

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bristol Insider, May 5, 2008.

1. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

My oldest daughter is 9. She knows Indiana Jones, and has expressed an interest in seeing the new one.

Indiana Jones isn't exactly Star Wars when it comes to having nutty fans, but I think some of you are underestimating how big this sequel will be. Go to a grocery store, and look at the hype already. Cereal. Candy. Cheez-It. I'm sure one of the burger joints will pick up the toys.

And has anyone seen the new Indiana Jones Lego sets? Among the coolest toys I've ever seen.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

In terms of broad critical reception? Guessing?

Better than II.

Worse than I.

FAR worse than III.

3. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Better than "Temple of Doom." Not as good as "Raiders" or "Crusade."

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Dat's the trifecta.

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

More hype for the movie, Marco Andretti's Indy 500 car. I haven't seen his driver's suit yet, but someone says it looks like an Indiana Jones outfit with a whip on the side, etc.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Saw an awesome show last night on The History Channel about Indiana Jones' quests, and how real archeologists view the search for the Lost Ark, etc.

I found the part regarding how realistic the cult in Temple of Doom fascinating. Apparently, there was a cult in Peru a long time ago that did human sacrifices, complete with taking the heart out of the chest.

Creepy shit.

7. With Speed Racer bombing and Narnia a snoozfest, it's quite possible IJ hits the $150 million mark this weekend. Ironman will continue solid #s with a #2 position ...

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Great program. The stuff about the rival archaeologists was interesting.

So..... I have the Stainless Steel Moviegoer's prediction.... so.... now I will go check it out tomorrow nite.....

If this movie sucks somebody needs to be shot.....

9. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

LA Times gave it a thumbs-up: http://tinyurl.com/6c7hge

I'm feeling a little better about this as this weekend approaches. Can't fucking wait to see it.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

3 1/2 hours to go.

11. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I thought the previews looked terrible, but I'm still guessing it will gross a ton.

Draft saved Draft deleted