1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Indiana Jones 5: So Very Tired

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Steak Snabler, Mar 15, 2016.

1. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I'd be more worried about Ford or Spielberg even being alive in 2019. Time's getting short. Start shooting it now.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Crystal Skull (2008) was set in 1957, so Indy 5 ('19) should be set around 1968-69.

Cook up some kind of intrigue with the moon landing.

I'd recast "Mutt" with either of two kinda-similar looking guys: Orlando Bloom or Milo Ventmiglia.

Neither is a big huge rough tough he-man type so recasting from LaBeouf won't be visually jarring (i.e, Chris Hemsworth).

They're also both late 30s so they could fudge their age a bit and introduce a mid-teens "Henry IV" they could set up for a full action role as an 18-20 year-old in Indy 6 in about 2025.

When that reboot comes, maybe you could pull a "Godfather II"dual-timeline deal and cast two very similar-looking 20-ish guys -- one as Indy in the "Roaring Twenties" prequel timeline, and another as "Henry IV" as the "Generation Jones" grandson forging ahead in the late 1970s.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Whatever happened to the Chris Pratt rumors? Did he shoot them down? He'd be perfect in the role.

Batman and Ace like this.
  4. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

I like the idea of the dual timelines. Would be interesting to watch and a different concept for an action movie.

5. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Does Indy have to be Harrison Ford? Think of how many people have played Tarzan or Batman or Sherlock Holmes. The appeal -at least for me- was the cheeky, pulpy fun. Chris Pratt would have been perfect as Dr. Jones.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
  6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I could see recasting Indy with a young-20s guy and then letting him age up into the role.

For a young 20s Indy, they'd have to recast Sean Connery too. Clive Owen, maybe?

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It would be interesting to do something with Mao in China in the 60s, but I figure Disney wouldn't want to risk losing that box office. My guess would be Nazis in Argentina.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Make Chris Pratt be his grandson. Cut out Shia.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I think they would be better off recasting the original rather than having it be about his son or grandson and keep it set in the .30s.

OscarMadison and bigpern23 like this.
  10. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Indiana Jones and the Hunt for the Lost Nixon Recordings.

Indiana Jones and the Voyage to Frontal Lobes with Timothy Leary.

Indiana Jones and the Curious Case of Paul is Dead.

Indiana Jones and the Led Zeppelin Mudshark

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted