1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Indiana Hoosier football Shock/Joy/Possible Disappointment thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Piotr Rasputin, Oct 6, 2007.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

If the Hoosiers win, I can mock my brother (a purdue grad student) for the next year.

Go Hoosiers Go!

2. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

There are no tiebreakers beyond the Rose Bowl and maybe the Citrus Bowl.

Afterwards, it's "which bowl has the next pick."

IU 24-10 as the third quarter ends.

Basically, it's down to IU and NU for the last bowl bid, and IU has a bigger alumni/potential fan base.

3. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

And, frankly, a more fun team to watch.

(I can't believe I just said that about IU football.)

4. crimsonace

This IU team is a lot of fun to watch ... really, the only other time since I was a froggie at IU (1993, when IU had an unreal defense and went 8-4) that IU was this entertaining and fun was in 2000, Randle El's senior year.

5. crimsonace

IU wins in a way I've seen them lose a hundred games ... blows a 3-touchdown lead, then wins it with a 49-yard FG by Austin Starr with 30 seconds left.

IU 27, PU 24. Seeing Jane Hoeppner hugging people on the sidelines brought a tear or two to my eyes.

Yeah, IU will be going to a two-bit bowl. But it's better than what we've had for 14 straight years ... and a great story given what this team has had to go through over the last six months.

6. Dead. To. Me.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

So Indiana only has one less win than Penn State.

What's wrong with this picture?

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

:D

Fucking Sycamore!

9. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

It might be a 2-bit bowl, but I'm not sure any team's ever been more grateful for a bid to a 2-bit bowl.

After Hoeppner's death and related emergence of the whole "play 13" motto, coming so close and falling short would've been devastating. A great win and great story for those who've been following it.

10. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

So it looks like the Hoosiers are going to a bowl game.

I've got a good question for my fellow Hoosiers: How the hell do we celebrate?

;D ;D ;D

Why do I get the feeling that Showalter Fountain will be full of suds in the morning? Or perhaps the Jordan "River" dyed red? Or students passed out on Jordan Ave., and arrested on Kirkwood Ave?

11. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

IU quarterback Kellen Lewis goes body-surfing on the students who rushed the field.

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/video/vidz.php?flv=/stories/2007/11/18/1117_IU_Beats_Purdue_.ff.flv

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Congrats to IU. As someone who once covered some very bad college football for many years, it's nice to see IU have some success. I'd think Hoosiers would travel by the thousands to watch a bowl, any bowl.

Temple won four games this year, too. That program may have finally found its niche in the MAC, although it will never draw flies in Philly to see Kent State or Toledo.

Draft saved Draft deleted