1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Indiana Gov. signs "religious freedom" bill into law

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Mar 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

When it first became obvious this bill would pass, I was dismayed that the state of my youth had gone so far off the rails.

But now that I've accepted it, I sort of wish I was back home and practicing law there. I'd be tempted to make it my mission to use this law to ends abhorrent to its supporters. I can imagine the creative claims that the Indiana government is substantially burdening the religious practices of Muslims, Rastafarians, Wiccans, Satanists, etc.

Ace likes this.
  3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Ok, I just hyperventilated from laughing too hard.

Donny in his element likes this.
  4. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

I'm sure Ace would agree that you're just the kind of tolerant person he likes to surround himself with.

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Whatever, to each his/her own, but if anyone tries to ban BACON, it's war motherfuckers!

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Oh,
    I'm tolerant of everyone but the intolerant, Sunny. Oh, and the Dutch.

HC likes this.
  7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

St Paul's advice in 1 Timothy 2:12, in which the saint says: "I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, she must be silent." No women can be supervisors or teachers

8. Mr. Sunshine

Shouldn't it be "Sonny"?

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Fixed

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

No.

11. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Agreed. These legislators did not think out the collateral consequences nearly well enough before voting on this one. Indy tries very hard to compete with the big boys in the convention/big event host marketplace. Being a cold-weather non-glamour city already places it at an inherent disadvantage relative to its biggest competitors, it really didn't need some ill-advised religion law making the task even more difficult.

Ace likes this.
  12. Mr. Sunshine

Far be it from me to tell you how to condescend, but I think, given your age, "Sonny" would have been more effective.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.