1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Indiana Gov. signs "religious freedom" bill into law

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Mar 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I would ask if JC had taken over your handle again, but, at least this time, I know it's you because it's a two-sentence post.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Your thoughts are rarely worth more than one sentence Baron. But I do enjoy a good analogy, do you have one for us?

YankeeFan likes this.
  4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Damn near a million dollars for saying they'd refuse gay people's business. How much would they get for saying they'd refuse blacks?

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

This needs some clean up and we don't have the time right now - maybe we'll be back later. Some of you need to cool it with the political stuff.

6. Jeff

Jeff Administrator Staff Member

I want to weigh in briefly also to say that "Gaystopo" isn't acceptable.

It's completely fine to say you support/don't support gay marriage. I've got no problems with that, because gay marriage is a position/issue. But going beyond that to insulting folks who disagree with you by comparing them to the Gestapo isn't cool.

I don't care what issue is being discussed, nor how popular your viewpoint is--ad hominem attacks won't be tolerated.

I noticed it too late to deal with it, but did want to leave a note so that the board is clear where I stand on this going forward.

bigpern23 and cyclingwriter2 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.