1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Indiana flooding (updating with more Midwest damage)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bob Cook, Jun 7, 2008.

1. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Are any Hoosier SportsJournalists.commers building their arks? I see that major interstates south and west out of Indianapolis are closed because it's flooding so bad, and that dams are bursting in southern Johnson County. How much rain you have gotten there, anyway?

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Re: Indiana flooding

Shades of 1993.

3. dragonzo

dragonzo Guest

We've had at least one drowning here, and I spent an hour just listening to the scanner traffic as the sheriff's department tried to figure out how to get to two people trapped on the roof of a car.
    Kind of puts my role today -- tracking down the high school baseball score my writer wasn't able to get to because of the flooding -- in definite perspective.

4. Re: Indiana flooding

Is Franklin getting hit?

5. dragonzo

dragonzo Guest

Interstate 65 shut down both ways there due to flooding.

6. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I looked at pics on the WISH site, and it appears you might want to cancel your foursome at the Legends of Indiana, unless you have the bass boat necessary to float in.

7. Re: Indiana flooding

My friend there has eight inches of water in his basement. He said the city has been completely shut down.

8. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

It and about every other town within a 40 mile radius. The whole south central part of the state is half-submerged.

9. dragonzo

dragonzo Guest

They're evacuating our hospital and most of the main roads from one side of town -- where the newspaper office is -- to the other side of town -- where I live -- are closed. Fun.

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Wow. My wife's family owns that joint. A lot of my golf balls are in their lakes.

11. dragonzo

dragonzo Guest

Every street in my city is shut down. Gives whole new meaning to "a long night at the office."

12. Re: Indiana flooding

The soon-to-be wife of someone who has spent plenty of time in that office says, "Watch out for the cockroaches. I've heard they're big and get hungry at night."

Draft saved Draft deleted