1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Indiana beat writer, The Herald-Times (Bloomington, Ind.)

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Chris_Korman, Jun 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Dustin Dopirak.
    From Harrisonburg, Va., paper.
    Good for him, good for Bloomington. And Harrisonburg will recover nicely because Chris Simmons is that good.
    Win-win-win all around. GOOD news in the biz for a change!
    A round for everybody (on Dustin of course)

2. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

Congrats to him, but he should consider deleting his MySpace page yesterday.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Why?

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Because there's stupid stuff in there, and he's moving into a big-boy beat with looney fans that would take that page and plaster it all over their fanboi blogospheres.

5. JackReacher

Ah. Haven't been on MySpace in about a year.

Dustin's smart. I'm sure he'll make all the necessary arrangements.

6. Duton

Duton Member

Playthrough and Bullwinkle, I'm actually going to come out and thank you here, because I more or less forgot what I even had on that thing and I've begun taking stuff off. What all did you guys find problematic, just the stuff that was written in the profile or pictures and such as well? Do you think I have to delete the thing completely?

Also, appreciate the props from Moddy and Sonner. Thanks guys.

7. JackReacher

Dude. It's MySpace. Delete the entire thing. You don't still use that, do you?

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Hey - if I'd known you were a MySpace dolt *****

I guess you just outed yourself, too. Outing alert: Duton is Dustin Dopirak.

9. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

I was not particularly fond of all the booze and party pictures. And yes, be VERY glad that you have the opportunity to remove those pictures before Hoosiers fans find out you're on the beat.

Also, your musical tastes stink. :D

10. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Congrats to Dustin. This sounds like a great gig with good people to work for and with.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

That was disappointingly tame.

Yeah, like Bullwinkle, I'm judging you on your music taste. But nothing all that bad :(

12. JackReacher

Always good to keep your social network pages safe, but again, I'd bet that about 2 percent of IU kids actually visit MySpace anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.