1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Indiana and Tom Crean

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if this deserves a separate thread, but I'll let the market decide that.

Basically, the program is in disarray right now. Over the last few days, one player hit another with his car, injuring him seriously, after they were drinking. (They only measured .02, but both were underage.) Now, two starts have reported failed drug tests, and have been suspended four games.

On the court and off, it's one thing after another.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/24783503/disconnect-between-tom-crean-and-players-has-indiana-in-disarray

They're going to be really bad this year, too.

It's just absolutely shocking how far this program has fallen since, as a No. 1 seed, it got its ass handed to it by Boeheim's zone.

2. Meatie Pie

Meatie Pie Member

I don't think it does, mostly because Indiana basketball has been mostly irrelevant for so long.

3. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

It's a head-scratcher, because I think most would agree Crean is a damn good coach, or at least he was at Marquette.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

We Indiana alumni are not enthused. And Crean has an astronomical buyout so it's highly unlikely he's going anywhere.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Maybe move it to The Harbaugh Family running thread

6. Meatie Pie

Meatie Pie Member

Well played.

Obviously, his non-Wade results say otherwise, as does his "Tommy Naismith" nickname among some of his peers.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Big East basketball writers thought he was a total idiot.

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

It gave Gregg Doyel his first opportunity to call for a resignation since taking the job at the Star.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2014/11/03/doyel-crean-failing-these-hoosiers-on-and-off-court/18439637/

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

On the heels of his "what a mensch Jim Irsay is" column

10. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure Troy Williams is the nephew of Virginia AAU basketball maven Boo Williams.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Can someone diagram this sentence for me?

Those two Hoosiers – the ones suspended Monday for drugs, not the ones involved early Saturday morning with alcohol; it's getting difficult to keep this stuff straight – are sophomores Stanford Robinson and Troy Williams.

He's right -- it's difficult keeping this stuff straight.

12. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Well, Wade was his only deep NCAA run, but he did make it to the NCAAs three years in a row without him.

Draft saved Draft deleted