1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Independents, please speak up

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ADifferentOkie, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Well, Ex, I did the best I could. I put it on the Anything Goes board. So freakin' cry about it.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Then PM Webby. People aren't going to stop starting political threads during an election year just because some people are bothered by them, esp. when the people bothered decide to yell in a childish manner.

3. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

If you look at the pets thread, you'll see that I'm not in the best of moods today (long story short, had to put my 11-year-old dog down this morning). It probably could've been said in a different way, though I've been thinking we might need a political folder for a while. Sorry if it came off as whiny. I'll try to form the argument better next time.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Independent.

Process has made me so. Extremes in the process are always bad. You can't let politicans run loose without checks and balances. It always results in either gross sector pandering, and/or bald theft.

Lyndon Johnson was a horrible human being. Pilfered one in Texas to gain his sea legs . . . and never could have been elected POTUS as a non-incumbent. Rude, crude, and an unrestrained armtwister. Repulsive. And as prez, blessed with essentially a veto-proof congress, went far over the top.

On the other hand, you have the most recent seven years of criminal idiocy.

Most important issue, in terms of how we conduct our day-to-day lives: SCOTUS.

5. I noticed that. No problem. Hope you feel better soon. Sorry to hear about your dog.

6. understand, expendable, that's awful.

Sorry for your loss

7. Sorry to hear about your dog.
    Ask Webby to create a political forum and you'll get no complaints from me.

8. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Thanks for understanding. I'll be back to my usual fun-loving -- describing my political beliefs as anti-bacterial and anti-septic -- self shortly. It's for the best. It was a long night, and I guess I got a little punchy.

9. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Lack of overall experience.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Without a Google, I think you're right. Harry Browne?

11. I can understand that. That's my only apprehension about him. However, as a Democrat, I think I'm legally obligated to mention that JFK didn't have a ton of experience.

12. Independent, although I vote Democratic more often than Repub.

I'm very torn right now. Torn, but happy. So far, I've been on the Anybody But Romney wagon. So no matter who wins between McCain and the Dems, I'm a happy guy.

I think HRC's policies fall most directly in line with my own, and think her experience in Congress will serve her well. I think she'd make the best POTUS, but don't know if she's electable. Obama? He's more liberal than I am, and I think he's aan empty suit. Sure, he is a powerful orator, but what has he done?

McCain? I could definitely see myself voting for him. I've liked him since '00. B I think he's got the most responsible position on Iraq. As much as I'd like to be to be free from it, I think we've now got a responsibility to stay and fix what we started.

Draft saved Draft deleted