1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Incredibly depressing Wayne Chrebet piece

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Sep 20, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

I liked that line about the NFL dismissing the study on concussions and spending $2 mil to commission its own. Two million dollars. Couch change.

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

What an upstanding guy that Gene Upshaw is, offering to break put-out-to-pasture football players' necks for them and end their misery.

Outstanding, special man.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Careful, wicked. If Gene Upshaw finds out you said that, he'll be out to break your g_dd_am f_cking neck.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Gene Upshaw's the owners' prancing cabana boy -- and I'd happily say that to his face.

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Nice to know Chrebet's driving around in his compromised mental state.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

There is no reason that he ever should have been allowed to continue playing.

But part of the blame has to go to Chrebet. He had earned enough money to live comfortably for the rest of his life and he knew that he had a history of concussions. Yet he decided to continue playing until he was carried off of the field.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Sorry but these stories are a dime a dozen - specially when it come to the Jets. They truly are the lifetime network of NFL teams.
    Every player - former or current seems to have some glitch that effects their ability to function.
    As far as being sexist - when it comes to Karen I guess I am - frankly she writes like a girl.

As far as football I think its high time that congress look into banning it for good.

8. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Mr 70,

At least Karen Crouse has a specialty. I'm not sure what yours is--if you have one other than gumming up the boards with intellectually and morally vacant comments.

YHS, etc

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

better than your specialty of posting esoteric pseudo high brow BS.

FU , ect

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

High brow, boom. High brow.

11. jboy

jboy Guest

If you were trying to prove his point, bravo.

I guess you're not high brough enough to get his point. As opposed to Lowenbrau, which I haven't drank in years, but was pretty tasty if I remember.

12. Blue_Water

Blue_Water Member

There's been a ton of news about football players and concussions in the off-season because of people like Chrebet.

Jon Kitna suffers a concussion on Sunday, and then comes back into the game. One of the highlight packages I saw referred to him as tough. Coming back from a concussion without really knowing if you're recovered isn't tough - it's stupid. You can't tell if you've recovered from a brain injury by how you feel.

Despite all the talk in the off-season, it appears things are mostly business as usual, although I did see this story from the Chargers which gives some hope: http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20070914-9999-1s14chnotes.html

Draft saved Draft deleted