1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Incredible Jeopardy champion

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by GBNF, May 28, 2008.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Great grace under pressure, which is the measuring stick.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Now she can buy more than 888,000 shares of JRC stock.

3. How'd you like to be the lady who finished with $41K last night ... and lost?

That's got to be a real kick in the nuts.

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I've been watching. She's a smart lady, but the thing that strikes me is... she's more than a little creepy. Creepy little smile, very quiet, nearly monotone. Has home-schooled written all over her. Her husband, Alex said, was a champion, himself.

5. Maniacal1

Maniacal1 New Member

Her husband lost to Ken Jennings.

6. jps

jps Active Member

Seems her sister was on the show as well ...

http://www.contracostatimes.com/ci_9396307?source=most_emailed

7. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

That's kind of impossible if you don't have any nuts to kick.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

The Contra Costa Times is awesome...or so I hear.

9. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Oh man, super super creepy. Like, makes my skin crawl. I think she was one of the Children of the Corn. The real ones, not the actors from the movie.

10. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Liquid refreshments for the both of you. ;D

From a contestant's standpoint, she's good; no question about that. You don't win 40k per episode on that show without a little moxie, a lot of brains and some luck.

But I'd back off the "incredible" label. She doesn't possess that awe-inspiring intimidation factor like a Ken Jennings, Brad Rutter or Christian Haines (who was a four-time champion when I went down for my first taping).

When I was sitting in the contestant's area watching Haines utterly destroy two pretty smart people -- including one guy who was lights-out during rehearsals -- I kept saying to myself, "Please, let somebody beat him before I get up there..."

Larissa doesn't have that same fear factor. In otherwords, yeah, I could take her -- categories permitting.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

There is nothing awesomer than Jeopardy smack.

12. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Have just caught a few glimpses, but she does have a scary, silent demeanor. One where you're not quite sure if while she's flashing that little crooked, half smile, she might just reach from behind her back and reveal a sharpened meat cleaver in her hands and start hacking away at you, laughing quietly under her breath.

Or she could just be a pissy little bitch....

Draft saved Draft deleted