1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Increasing Marijuana Use in High School Is Reported

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Dec 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

The word troll has gone past critical mass. Yankee has his opinion. He's defending it. He might not be right but I don't see any evidence of trolling. Taking an opinion of you don't agree with isn't trolling. I haven't gone through every post, so maybe I'm missing something - but he doesn't seem to be overly antagonistic, or taking ridiculous position just to piss people off. He's simply stating a position that you and others disagree with.

That's not trolling.

I really wish there was a moratorium on that word since many people around here. It's overplayed.

2. Key

Key Well-Known Member

A one-hitter and a joint are not the same either. A joint is not a single serving for one person. It's more like a bottle of wine or two.

3. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

I was gonna go to class before I got high
    I coulda cheated and I coulda passed but I got high
    I am taking it next semester and I know why, yea hey
    Cause I got high, cause I got high, cause I got high

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Seems to be used more by people who are losing the argument.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yes, I get that, and it was the point I was making. You could smoke less than a joint, either by using a one-hitter, or by sharing a joint. But, a joint is still a standard serving size.

Disagree. In fact, it's ludicrous. You want to compare one joint, to two bottles of wine?

Look at the numbers. Folks smoke multiple joints per day.

A one-hitter is like a sip of beer or wine. And, while folks may share a joint, that's either because it's all they have, or because they're being social, in which case, they'll light up another one once the first joint is finished.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Former stoners, nostalgic for the high times of their youth, may also not realize that marijuana is different today than when they were in hich school:

And, those who start young, smoke more and are at a higher risk to become addicted:

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/01/07/legalizing-of-marijuana-raises-health-concerns/

Even Sanjay Gupta, who has basically "flipped" on marijuana legislation had to admit this:

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

Probably all over a big bag of Doritos instead.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

When's the last time a guy smoked dope and then beat his wife to death?

When's the last time a guy smoked dope and killed eight people in a three-car smash-up on the interstate?

Alcohol KILLS. Kills OTHERS, too. EVERY FUCKING DAY.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The kids in Oklahoma who shot the college baseball player while he was jogging.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That isn't true, either, but YankeeFan was not trolling. He was in a discussion and asked the person he disagreed with to provide support for a questionable assertion. Nothing wrong with that at all.

We do have too many people posting just to start shit, often advocating points of view they don't even really support just to get a reaction. That kind of behavior is fairly called trolling, but that is not what YF did.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Stoney provided nine links.

You provided one with the word "may" in the title.
    Sure they do...

At least 5-6 per day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.