1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Incisive, incomplete or both?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Alma, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

http://espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=6252185&sportCat=golf

Wojo takes aim at slow play on PGA Tour - doesn't appear to actually talk to the person he uses as a top offender.

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Well, he knew it would take forever.

3. Harry Doyle

Harry Doyle Member

Ya know, I wasn't too bothered by Na's exclusion, although I do think it was a bit curious. I was kind of waiting for a, "Na declined to comment on his pace of play." Maybe that was the case, maybe Wojo didn't try. I really don't know. But I don't think you could say he was unfair to Na. He followed him for 18 holes, he timed him. It certainly wasn't a drive-by.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Na takes so long to play I could read that article while he two-putted!

[​IMG]

5. LevinTBlack

LevinTBlack Member

What it is really missing is the total time he took and a comparison to others. I kept reading waiting to see what his total time was but it was never said. Why time every stroke and then not post the times?

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I have no problem with the column - but I thought 5 hours was considered OK? I've seen stories about 5-hour-plus rounds and that seems absurd to me

Draft saved Draft deleted