1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Inappropriate even for a blog?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Bristol Whipped, Jul 10, 2009.

1. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Yuck!!

Looks like someone else besides the teabaggers should have consulted urbandictionary.com first...

2. sg86

sg86 Member

Was she flirting with David Wright when this happened?

3. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

Nothing is inappropriate on the internet. Have you read reader comments? Racist comments? Cuss words. Anything goes. It's the way the higher-ups want it. Clicks you know?

4. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

I'm 50-50 on the hed. I wouldn't have used it, but I'm not going to throw stones at anyone who would. Erin Andrews is known for her looks. A facial is a beautification procedure. "Erin Andrews gets a money shot"? Now there's asking for trouble.

And to me, inappropriate under your paper's masthead is inappropriate under your paper's masthead whether it's an article, blog, column, LTE, reader comment, ect.

5. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

I guess I'm too into volleyball. Announcers use "facial" frequently when a player gets hit in the face with the ball.

6. Sp0rtScribe

Sp0rtScribe Member

I would've never used the hed. Wouldn't even have had to think twice about it; find something else.

7. reformedhack

reformedhack Well-Known Member

I'm thinking the double entendre was intentional, folks. How about the rest of you?

And, yes, it's inappropriate ... but I still chuckled.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Is there any doubt?

. . . given that the ideal target audience is the knuckledraggers the Boomer and Carton show
    pitch hard to on the FAN in NYC.

9. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

So what if Erin Andrews really did get a facial ... meaning beautification work on her face? Would the headline be inappropriate then?

10. Harry Doyle

Harry Doyle Member

... and what if a guy really DID blow his load in her face?

Well, obviously then it would be totally appropriate and the hed would just be reflecting the news. Run it!

11. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I heard Erin Andrews' date to the ESPYs backed out because something suddenly came up.

Draft saved Draft deleted