1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In which SC proves she is full of fail

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Nov 20, 2007.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I forgot to get my check card out of the ATM when I withdrew money this morning, and by the time I realized it and got back to the bank to get it, it had been destroyed. (For the record, it was an ATM owned by my bank.)

So now I just signed up for Bank of America's savings program thingie (where they not only round up your purchases to the next dollar, putting the difference into your savings account, but they match it up to $250) during the prime Christmas shopping season, and I have no check card.

Again, I am full of fail.

Feel free to tell me what an idiot I am. :D

2. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Are you sure the card was destroyed? Doesn't the machine simply capture the card and the bank can retireve it and return it to you? At least that's how it works at my Bank of America.

4. John

John Well-Known Member

Shouldn't be too hard to get a replacement.

If I lose my Visa, Merrill Lynch will have a new one at my door within 48 hours.

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I did the same thing once, called the bank the next day and they had it for me, just had to show my ID.

However, my girlfriend won't let me forget about it.

6. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

7. sportschick

I went back to the bank, and the guy went and looked for it. He said it'd already been destroyed by the time I realized it was missing and made it back to the bank.

They're mailing me a new one, but I won't get it for like 10 days.

Bank of America is evil for having outdated machines that suck up your card, dammit!!!!!

8. sportschick

I love that picture. That cat totally looks like a really fat Stan!

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

SC, your fail isn't even in the same universe as one of my episodes of fail with an ATM and my card. It was one of those free-standing ATMs in a gas station across the street from a bar in which I was partaking numerous adult beverages. I was low on cash and probably three times over the legal limit so I walked over there to get some cash. I was so blotto that I tried to get my card into a slot that wasn't the slot for the card. I forced it in and then came to the realization that it was now jammed deep into a crevace in the machine that was not for cards. And there was no way to get it out. My friends laughed their asses off at me that night. That was fail on a grand scale. :D :D :D

Your fail is fail that many have experienced (myself included). My fail on that night was unprecedented.

10. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Gas for the drive all the way to Kansas City: $187.52
    Food for the trip: $47.02
    New CDs for the drive: $75.20
    Two scalper tickets to Mizzou-Kansas game Saturday at Arrowhead Stadium: $300
    Knowing Sportschick is footing the entire bill: PRICELESS

There are some things that money can't buy.
    For the rest, rely on Sportschick. 8)

11. sportschick

Ha! You wouldn't make it all the way the KC. I don't have enough money for your gas! :D

12. KP

KP Active Member

SC, you're a dumbass!

Draft saved Draft deleted