1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In Treatment on HBO

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bagelchick, Feb 14, 2008.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

No spoilers there, it just....ends. No disasters. Just life goes on.

2. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

I'll be bummed if there isn't. I really enjoy this show.

3. tommyp

tommyp Member

Not saying you spoiled anything, it's just now I have some ideas in my head that are logical conclusions to your quote "sad to see it end, especially the way it ends."

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I feel bad. We'll discuss after you've seen it all...but you can't see the end until it ends. Don't guess.

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

bumped. because sophie is simply amazing. 8) 8) 8)

6. tommyp

tommyp Member

Can't disagree, Shockey. Sophie was my favorite character. Glad to see her ending was a happy one, at least in the context of the show.

7. TheHacker

TheHacker Member

Was anyone else afraid that Sophie's father was going to do something crazy? Hurt someone? I know we'd seen previews of the last show with Paul and Laura, so it's not like I expected him to leave Paul on the floor in a pool of blood. But he just seemed a bit unstable and there was some real tension trying to figure out what his ultimate response was going to be.

Also liked the moment when the father disputed Sophie's statement that he'd been gone for three years. There was a second there where it almost seemed like they wanted you to think maybe a lot of this was in Sophie's mind. Glad that wasn't the case, though.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That was one of a few moments I thought could be taken different ways. To me, it was just a show of how immature and screwed up the father is. Instead of trying to understand Sophie or take some responsibility for his past mistakes, he was laying guilt on her and arguing with her.

My wife thought the ending was sad. I thought it was hopeful. I don't want to get into it too much here for those who haven't watched yet.

9. tommyp

tommyp Member

I didn't think Sophie's dad was a whack job. I think he was just a selfish sonofabitch, who really did love his daughter, but not more than himself.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I can't say that was much of a surprise ending. I enjoyed the show, but I really don't think I'd be heartbroken if it did not come back.

I didn't like the 5-days-per-week format and I'm not sure I'd be nearly as into it with a whole new set of patients.

11. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

I loved it. I hope HBO renews it. I was fine with the 5 nights a week thing, mainly because the epi's were only 20 minutes usually. If they bring it back, they need to weave some of the former patients back into it folks like Alex's wife and Jake & Amy's son. I honestly couldn't tell you who my favorite was, although I was happy with the Paul/Laura resolution, if happy is the right word.

Below is a link to an article in boston.com for those of you who might be interested.

http://www.boston.com/ae/tv/articles/2008/03/28/separation_anxiety_as_in_treatment_ends/?page=1

12. tommyp

tommyp Member

Ditto.

Hey 21--I won't go into any detail for those who save their viewing for Sundays, but I think there is more than enough left over to have a second season. Besides, the announcer before the show started stated "and now...the season finale of In Treatment." Note he didn't say "the series finale."

Draft saved Draft deleted