1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In Treatment on HBO

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bagelchick, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

We skip the couple, thought they were repulsive and had no redeeming qualities. We had neighbors who were that fucked up, we don't need to see it again.

Liked Alex until last night when he got all weepy. I don't think it's realistic that he changes that fast. He was an asshole but an entertaining asshole. I guess 21 called it, though. He's gay or at least bi-curious.

Laura is a kook, but if this were real instead of TV, she'd be the only one who gets better.

2. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Oh yeah. Gymnast with an eating disorder? How did they think that up?

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Don't miss Monday/Tuesday...sort of a two-part episode. Very powerful.

4. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

You can't skip the couple, because sometimes they don't show up for their session then Paul has some interaction with his kids or wife, that gives you some new insight!

I think we're in week 8, so I'm really curious how this is going to end up. I haven't watched last night's epi yet, but will today now that I know it's a 2-parter.

I hear it's been renewed for next season..I hope. This is the first time I've gained an appreciation for Gabriel Byrne.

5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

bagel,

I was about to PM you and ask, "So you gave up on the show?" And then I saw this thread reappear at the top of Page 1.

I'm "cheating" and watching tonight's episode now.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Careful of spoilers for those who haven't seen last night. But don't watch tonigth's until you see it.

There are a few moments with Paul and Laura talking on a bench outside....just watch her face. He's talking, but her reactions just make the scene.

The season ends next week. The promos after last night's episode were pushing Wednesday through Friday next week as a three-part finale.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I kind of knew what was coming last night with Paul and Alex's father, but it was still well done. A tense and intelligent conversation/conflict with two interesting characters coming from vastly different perspectives.

8. gretchd

gretchd Member

I've only watched the first two episodes, and I can't wait to get caught up. Seems like a great show. Thanks for recommending it.

9. shockey

shockey Active Member

"sophie" is an amazing young actress. 8) 8) 8)

10. Just got to this ... Keaton! VG, FB

11. tommyp

tommyp Member

I haven't been on the boards in a while, so I've been going through the posts to see what's new. I already made my comments on last night's South Park (one of the better ones, IMO), and now my thoughts on In Treatment (no spoilers):

I have seen every episode, and this is the very first time I can say I think everyone in the cast from one TV show deserves an Emmy nomination (even Josh Charles, Embeth Davidtz, and Michelle Forbes [who is looking quite gorgeous, I might add]). And if Gabriel Byrne does not win for best actor in a dramatic series, I would want to drug test all the voters.

12. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Have to say, I did not see this week's events coming. Bold, and great for the story. Plus, if the series is going to go on, it will probably be good to create opportunities -- through patients leaving therapy or whatever -- to introduce new patients.

Draft saved Draft deleted