1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In Treatment on HBO

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bagelchick, Feb 14, 2008.

1. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

One thing that doesn't ring true for me is why Paul would have feelings for Laura. She's hot, but she's an absolute lunatic who's completely unstable. I know, some guys are into that, but I have trouble buying that it's something Paul would want to take on. I don't find her character to be sympathetic at all.

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I thought the sexual relationship between Sophie and her coach was revealed last week. Maybe I figured it out with clues, but I thought it was pretty obvious in Week 2. Am I wrong? It's all running together for me at this point.

bagelchick, I thought Paul's call was to the mother, but you might be right. I hadn't thought that he was calling the coach. That would be very interesting dynamics next week.

Also, it might be good to start putting the word "spoilers" in the subject line. Yes?

3. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

As long as their aren't old, ugly people fucking, it's automatically better than "Tell Me You Love Me."

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

agreed.... a lot given away on here.

I find myself only watching Thursday because that's when they have stuff with Paul and his wife. The couple in therapy, I just couldn't care less about them.

5. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

I agree. She's a stark raving loon, and fry-an-egg hot.

6. Johnny Dangerously

No more interest in the show? I find it continues to be more revealing and compelling, especially the more the therapist allows his own crises to drive some of his choices in sessions.

7. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I think it's great, and I get more hooked every time I watch. As far as the "how people watch" query, it looks as though the wife and I will be watching the five in a row on Sunday nights. That's what fits our schedule best.

And Laura is clearly nucking futs. As soon as she and Alex started talking outside the office, I was saying, 'Stay away, dude. She's trouble.'

8. outofplace

Exactly. You can just see him cracking this week. Especially last night. You could just see Alex becoming more and more vulnerable, the pleading look in his eyes when he asked Paul if he could really help him, and all the while Paul's fighting his jealousy and his urges to protect Laura.

Should be fun watching him try to explain all this crap to Gina Friday.

Edit: You're dead on, Barsuk. That moment particularly hit home last night when Alex gave his version of the what we saw.

9. outofplace

Sorry for the double-post, but am I the only one who thinks it would be ridiculous for Paul to allow Sophie to find what she found in his medicine cabinet tonight? Or is that supposed to be another sign of him losing it?

10. John

John Well-Known Member

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

On Demand has all the shows through Paul's Friday session with Gina.

12. Johnny Dangerously

Have you been watching, 21? What do you think?

Draft saved Draft deleted