1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In the fine tradition of Larry "Wide Stance" Craig, here's another GOPer....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Mar 4, 2010.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

okay, you know where this one is going.

Anti-gay rights GOPer, nabbed for DUI - coming out of a gay bar with a male friend who is not his wife.

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2010/03/04/crimesider/entry6266524.shtml

edit: link works now

2. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Link doesn't work.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

see a Urologist

4. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

You can try this one for the Huffington Post story.

5. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

It was just research.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Rep. Eric Massa is disgusted by this behavior.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0310/33864.html

7. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Politics aside, did you check out his prepackaged apology? My poor judgement yada, yada, yada? Dude, you're a state lawmaker, most likely a lawyer, make some pretty good coin and know the legal ramifications for your action. My state lawmaker maybe illiterate, but don't think she would be nabbed for drunk driving. Its a conscious act to drink, its a conscious act to get behind the wheel and you deserve whatever you get.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Do you think anybody cares about the DUI? Maybe a teensy little bit, but, uh, I don't think that's what anyone is laughing about or why this is the most read story on Web sites across the state.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I've never heard of the guy, I am using The Google to try and find info on him being anti-gay (besides what it said in the article).

Anyone have luck?

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Hypocrisy Rules!!

Love it. I'm not for anyone hiding their sexual preferences. I love that hypocrites are exposed. Its sad that someone like this guy cannot feel comfortable telling the truth and feels compelled to overcompensate by being anti-gay.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I dunno. Lot of circumstantial evidence.

Sometimes gay bars play the best music and have great happy hour drink specials. And sometimes you meet someone who needs a ride home.

Nothing to see here.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

http://yubanet.com/regional/Who-endorsed-Prop-8.php

According to this Web site from November 2008, he endorsed Prop 8, the constitutional amendment banning gay marriage. (I know you know Prop 8, poin, just defining it for folks who aren't familiar with California and might be confused that Yes on 8 means no on gay marriage. Hell, plenty of people in California were confused, including quite possibly Roy Ashburn.)

Draft saved Draft deleted