1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

in search of "hockeybeat"...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Feb 14, 2007.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

It should, and it'll be easier to get to the Newark barn from NY than it is to get to the Meadowlands. Trains will run into the Newark barn. Right now, only way(s) to get to the 'Lands is to take public transportation or drive.

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

Anybody remember the old Jersey Devils of the EHL or the short-lived Jersey Knights of the WHA? From what I've read, they played in a little rink in Cherry Hill that was just terrible - no showers in the visiting team's dressing room and a wildly uneven playing surface that was more suited to freestyle skiing than to skating.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Well, the Path and NJ Transit will take you to Newark... The flip side of that is that it's, um, Newark (asking to get knifed by Jerry Izenberg, but let's be honest...) A trip to Newark should be just the thing to draw those New Jerseyites out of their nice little suburban enclaves.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

And at least one guy in California.

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I think the Newark arena will do for Newark what the Yankees' success did for the area surrounding The Stadium.

My uncle doesn't care about the Devils.

6. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

My God he does exist! :eek:

How've ya been?

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Been okay.

NBC is airing an episodic drama about my life. It's called "The Black Donnelly's." It's my life, except for the fact that I don't have any brothers, my family didn't reside in Hell's Kitchen (nay, Clinton Hill), I'm not full-blooded Irish, didn't run with the Westies and never spent time in jail. Other than that, though, it's my life's story.

8. HC

HC Well-Known Member

You've picked the perfect show since the Black Donnelly's were Canadian who lived 100 years ago. :D

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Aye, they did.

I'm told in next week's episode, the lad that plays me will sport an Andy Bathgate sweater.

10. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Hockeybeat, I suck at life and was swamped at work today with technical issues, but you know what, I'm so glad you're back. Oh how I've missed you so. :D

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Glad to be back.

12. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Wow, the fn Rangers won a game ... :eek:

Draft saved Draft deleted