1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

in search of "hockeybeat"...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

2. casty33

casty33 Active Member

HB is fine, just feeling a little down right now so isn't posting for awhile.

(Maybe it's the weather. Or maybe it's the acquisition of Chan Ho Park).

3. I'm supposed to be meeting up with him this weekend, so I know he is all good.

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

thanks, casty. i gave hb my phone number recently and he hasn't called, but i feel better now.

5. Jones

Jones Active Member

Take it easy, 'beat. All is well.

6. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Ditto! HB's a good guy and I usually hear from him through PM at least once every two days.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

How did a thread about Hockeybeat become about me? I haven't heard from him, well, I've never heard from him. So it isn't unusual.

And JR, people don't cross streets in Toronto. They all stand at crosswalks paralyzed and they age right there on the spot they are glued to, and after 70 years or so, they have a nice service and bury the corpse right there under the street corner.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

Hey, gimme a break. I'd never been to THE BIG CITY before. Hell, I didn't even know what pavement was when I got there and saw it for the first time. I thought the guy slumped up against the hotel wall with a ball cap in his outstretched hand was keeping the building from falling down.

Ho Li Phuk! Them wagons is movin' all by theirselves! Don't even need nunna them there horses to go pullin' on 'em!

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I'm thinkin' of him, too. Hope he PMs soon.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I drove through a red light today.

Oh, and Ragu, I saw you hesitate at a crosswalk before crossing. :)

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I heard from him last night. He's OK.

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Thanks. Was getting a trifle concerned.

Draft saved Draft deleted