1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In progress ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Feb 18, 2007.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

This is the first time I"ve taken my laptop to a game. I'm at Southern New Hampshire University right now awaiting two local girls hoops teams that'll play back-to-back games in the quarterfinals. The first game of the day is in progress, and Kearsarge the top seed is beating No. 8 John Stark 31-22 with 4:33 to play in the gam. If anyone in SportsJournalists.com nation is here, come talk to me under the south basket.

So, how's everyone else doing today?

2. Songbird

Update: John Stark senior hits 2 free throws (after timeout) with 3.3 seconds to go to tie it 33-33. They're now in OT. I was able to bust a quick interview with local assistant coach for a sidebar to the first game I'll cover. It's her first year as a coach; head coach calls her the best he's ever coached.

Kearsarge up 35-33. John Stark just missed shot and putback attempt, but got the ball back, 20 takes it baseline, cut off, 41 throws it out of bounds.

3. Songbird

John Stark up 37-35. Ref makes horsehit call right now after Stark senior blocks a shot; foul. Kearsarge shorty hits first free throw, 37-36 Stark. Misses second but gets own rebound, 1:35 to play. K'sarge turns it over with a 5-second count.

4. Songbird

37.6 seconds to go, John Stark at the line trying to extend 37-36 lead. Misses first one badly; barely scrapes from of the rim; same on the second. Jump ball on the rebound, K'sarge ball. Shorty penetrates and tries to kick out to the baseline wing but throws it to a John Stark player. Stark takes the ball and delays it till guard makes a sweet backdoor pass to teammate for layup despite a foul. She misses the bonus, 39-36, and K'sarge airballs 3-pointer at buzzer. UPSET!

5. Songbird

Local team won the first game, ousting the defending champions. Second local team is sucking balls right now. Third quarter about to begin.

Hey buck-dub, I couldn't see your picture. What is it? Well, I can't check anyway. 93 seconds till the 2nd half. Later.

Draft saved Draft deleted