1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In Nashvegas, need some suggestions

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Freelance Hack, Sep 16, 2008.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Last time I stayed in NSH, I stayed at Loews for 99 a night.. was worth every penny

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Damn. That's a great deal. I've stayed at the Hampton Inn previously mentioned and the Courtyard right up the street. Served its purpose.

Nashville is definitely one of my favorite cities.

3. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Yep.

4. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Sing Karaoke at Lonnie's, also on Printer's Alley. The female bartenders are gorgeous and if Charity is the one working the Karaoke machine, tell her that there's at least one SportsJournalists.com member who thinks she's the bomb!

5. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Ended up at Lonnie's and Bourbon Street tonight. Bourbon Street was overpriced, but the music was damn good. Lonnie's girls were indeed very attractive and could sing.

6. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

Ditto on Robert's Western World on Broadway.

Had a great time there back in June - another board regular who was there on the same golf outing will likely agree, if he can remember any details of that drunken night.

Hit the Pancake Pantry down by Vandy - there will likely be a long wait, but it's worth it.

7. KG

KG Active Member

The last time I stayed in Nashville (actually it was on the south side), I ended up staying in this terrible place. It didn't look too bad from the website, and it was a big chain, but the mom and pop owners must have ran this place into the ground. It was a bit of a scary place. I told the guys next to me (knew one of them and they were going to the same place as me for the next two days) that if they heard anything, and I mean anything other than the sound of the shower coming from my room, they had my permission to beat the door down to check on me.

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Amen.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Last time I went to Nashville I tried to go. And I was not waiting in that line at 10 a.m. for pancakes.

10. sportshack06

sportshack06 Member

I'll second the recommendations on Demos'. Great steaks and spaghetti.
    Chicken isnt bad. Also - you must get the cheese toast.

If you're ever in town on Wednesday night...hit up BB Kings. The band Burning Las Vegas (http://www.burninglasvegas.com) puts on a great show. Three girls are the vocals, and they bring the house down.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

And the chicken rice soup. Oh dear Lord, the soup.

12. pallister

pallister Guest

Not a fan of the spaghetti as a side dish, but the meals, in general, are really good.

Draft saved Draft deleted