1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In Nashvegas, need some suggestions

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Freelance Hack, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Loved Tootsie's....Legends is an OK choice too.

2. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Ended up going to the Flying Saucer on 10th. Good food, great music, but I do have one beef.

The bar has an election-related theme going on, where you can buy a pint glass for either Obama or McCain. So far, Obama's winning 272-177. Bought an Obama glass, start looking at it and I come across this:

Vote November 2, 2008

FWIW, Election Day is on the 4th.

I'd still go back.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Two words: Baja. Burrito.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

On 10th? It's like going to Louisville and drinking in Indiana...
    Tomorrow, you HAVE to go downtown to Broadway. I still think it's a shell of its former self, but there are some great places down there. And Dixie's right about Demo's.....

5. Blair Waldorf

Blair Waldorf Member

Le sigh.

Flying Saucer = TGI Friday's of bars.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

No, Friday's is on Music Row by Loew's...

7. John

John Well-Known Member

Indeed.

And there's a great jazz/blues joint in Printer's Alley that I highly recommend. It's right next to the sketchy nudie bar.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

The jazz/blues place... kinda downstairs, 3-piece combo place, dark interior?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Do the waitresses wear mini-skirts like they do at the Flying Saucer in Fort Worth?

10. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Didn't realize the Saucer was a chain place like Bar and Electric Cowboy. And yes, the waitresses wore short plaid skirts.

And the Flying Saucer was at the corner of 10th and Broadway, next to the Frist Center.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Is the Frist Center next to Union Station Hotel?

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I enjoyed Tootie's last time I was in town. It was crowded, but fortunately, the wife and I got some primo spots next to the bar. Stayed for a couple hours, listened to a couple great bands. Had a great time.

And there's a great bar, can't remember the name, but it's right around the corner from the West End Hampton Inn. And the brew pub right across the street from that Hampton Inn is solid, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted