1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In-n-Out: Overrated.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by wicked, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Five Guys left me cold. Past that, the midwest sucks for burger chains. Steak & Shake can suck a fat one, besides their shakes.

2. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Damn you all for making me nostalgic and hungry when I'm 9,300 miles from the nearest Runza.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

You can get 4 burgers, 4 fries, and 4 drinks for $20 at In N Out?

First off, I'd be shocked if that's true. You can't even do that at McDonalds, can you? But if so, fair enough. I'd just equate that to going to McDonalds. And Five Guys pummels McDonalds.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I used to love when we had trips to Indianapolis because there's a Steak and Shake there. Food sucks, shakes are amazing.

5. JackReacher

I just realized there's a Steak and Shake about 30 minutes from my house. Couldn't be more cised.

6. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Went to SoCal last week .. wasn't even tempted with INO. Isn't it Krystal-ish? Yuk.

My hometown got a Five Guys while I was overseas. It's now my most-frequented restaurant. I love it.

However, I've noticed the burgers are shrinking.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I find I n O no better or no worse than most of burger chains. Burger King a step below due to bad fries.

In my area finding a new tier of burger joints opening. Somewhere in between the fast food joints and high end sit down restaurants.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Honestly, my favorite burger lately has been the Wendy's Bacon Deluxe (single patty). Perfect mix of bacon, beef, lettuce, tomato and mayo. I'd rather get that than go to Five Guys.

9. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I live about 1/2 mile from an In-N-Out. When I first moved here, I had it probably three times a week for the first 3 months.

Now, I eat it about once a month.

I still love it, though. Best fast food burger in the world.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Smart man.

11. JackReacher

I mean....when it comes down to it, are Five Guys burgers and In N Out burgers THAT different to where someone is considered an idiot for choosing one or the other? Or a "smart man" for choosing one or the other?

I've never had In N Out, so I can't be the judge of that. But some of you can.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

But you now get Krystal.

Draft saved Draft deleted