1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In-n-Out: Overrated.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by wicked, Feb 23, 2011.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Your loss. It really is one of the best meals you'd ever eat.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Sorry. In this humble opinion, the Five Guys bacon cheesburger kicks ass against anything In and Out comes up with. The I&O I went to in Scottsdale was only slightly better than Whataburger, which sucks royally.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Oh, and I've got to put in a plug for Steak and Shake burgers ... and their chili.

4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

OK, so I went back this afternoon. (Hope my doc doesn't read this.) Tried the animal style fries -- good. And the neopolitan shake was top notch. Still, not the greatness I was expecting based on the hype, that's all I'm saying.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I don't love on SnS' food nearly as much as I love their shakes. Christ, when you make a vanilla milkshake a must-have, that's victory.

6. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I love In-n-Out, but this is a no-brainer.
    I mean, who wouldn't?

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Steak 'n' Shake food is decent. The shakes? Outstanding. Never had it until I moved to my last stop ... and my arteries are glad I spared myself for at least that long.

9. SeanKennedy

SeanKennedy Member

I'll add my voice:

Five Guys burgers are definitely better overall. And fries are no comparison.

BUT, I will say that In-n-Out has a lot more choices and possibilities with their burgers. So, for instance, if you want a burger wrapped in lettuce (not bun), you can get that with In-n-Out.

If you're just looking for a regular burger, Five Guys definitely better.

Too bad it is so expensive. Wasn't too bad a few years ago, but when they did their massive expansion, everything got much more expensive.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Sigh.

This debate again?

I grew up with In-N-Out a half mile from where I lived. There are Five Guys here.

There's no debate. It's In-N-Out. It's quasi close, but not really.

11. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Never had either Five Guys or In-N-Out, but I loves me some Whataburger. And Ron's here in Oklahoma is quality.

12. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Both good. I-n-O has better fried onions.. FG has BACON. And fresh jalapenas.

Both have decent fries, but FG is better and you can have malt vinegar.

I-N-O has milk shakes. Major advantage.

FG has hot dogs. They suck, but it's an option.

Free peanuts at FG.

Draft saved Draft deleted