1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In-n-Out: Overrated.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by wicked, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

How much weight have you lost?

2. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Love Five Guys burgers. Their fries are tasty, but they stain the paper bag in a way that make my arteries clog just looking at it. yes, I know they're not really all that greasy, but still . . .

Love In-N-Out's burgers. I can do without their fries. Double-Double, regular hamburger and a Dr Pepper, yummy.

One thing that sets In-N-Out apart is the atmosphere. You can go through the drive thru at the one in my hometown and see them making the fries with fresh potatoes, etc. Then the service . . . let's just say that In-N-Out doesn't seem to hire morons, as many fast-food joints do.

3. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

During my last trip to the In N Out in Chandler, Arizona, I overheard another customer asking how much the company paid its new workers. Honest or not, the young man behind the counter, maybe 18, 19, 20 tops, answered "We start at $10 an hour."

That is actually a living wage -- and for high school and college kids, that's darn good money.

4. Mizzougrad96

I know newspapers that barely pay that much.

5. J-School Blue

J-School Blue Member

When they opened in the In & Out in Yuma, AZ, I was still at the paper. There was a lot of talk in the newsroom about quitting and applying, as the benefits are decent, too. Not all of it was a joke. I was only making about $1.50 more per hour more at the time, and I suspect In & Out work came with less aggravation.

In & Out's reputation can, I think, make is disappointing if you've never had it. It's still fast food, and the fries take some getting used to (though I now love them).

It's still a damn good fast food burger. I'd take it over Five Guys, though I agree they've got the edge for fries.

6. Mizzougrad96

Anyone here had one "Animal Style"

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

20 pounds

8. Mizzougrad96

Congrats man, that's awesome.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I gave up drinking in an effort to rid myself of the last vestiges of smoking, but those are a lot empty calories I haven't had in a while.

I gave up cheesburgers and started eating better because my cholesterol is too high. My doctor wants me to go on medication for it. He's says I have a genetic propensity for high cholesterol because I have tried several times to get it down with no success. This is my last-dicth effort to stay off the medicine, but the doctor remains skeptical. Bloodwork's coming up.

According to BMI, I was 25 pounds overweight, so I've almost inadvertantly gotten that in line, too.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Do they serve any other way?

11. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Have to eat In N Out fries before they go cold or they're wretched.

One of the original In N Outs is across the street from the San Gabriel Valley Tribune office. A lot of staffers have ink and double-doubles in their veins.

12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Only time I've ever had food poisoning was because of that particular In-N-Out.

I think I've only eaten at any In-N-Out once since, which makes me sad because I loved those damn burgers. Just can't get over all that time I spent hugging the toilet. I've tried, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted