1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In-n-Out: Overrated.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by wicked, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

That's how I am in Cincinnati for Skyline and Graeter's.

Was thinking the same thing. Chicken in North Carolina? Bojangles, and step on it.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm trying to think of other chains that are regional...

You can't get Chick Fil A everywhere.

Carls Jr. is western, but Hardee's is almost the exact same thing.

I had never been to White Castle until I was in my 20s, probably on a baseball road trip.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Burger, fries and a coke for $9 is a lot for fast food.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Wicked: Stupid.

5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Chick-Fil-A is pretty much nationwide, now.

I'm not anti-InO, just didn't see it being spectacular. Good, not spectacular. The one thing that did stand out was the buns (good call, OHB).

You can get the junior or whatever they call it at Five Guys for $3 or so. It's probably $7 for a combo if you go that route. It's in the same ballpark as In-n-Out.

6. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I lean toward Five Guys over In 'n Out, but it's by such a small margin that it's not worth debating. On the subject of fries, however, I hate those those ultra-thin sticks at In 'n Out. The cajun option at Five Guys is a definite plus.

7. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Eh, no sweat, guys. Different strokes and all that. The rest of us will keep In-N-Out in business for a long, long time.

Although, I ate there last about a week ago, and I have to admit, the fries really aren't all that great. The burger makes up for it though.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Five Guys is about as fast as a Chipotle, and I consider both sit down places.

9. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Five Guys' biggest downfall: it's not fast. I appreciate the reasoning behind not putting my burger on the grill until I've ordered, but I really don't want to wait 10 minutes. The last two times I was in Chick-Fil-A I had my order before the cashier gave me back my change.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'm a burger nut. I eat them all the time.
    I have not had one yet in 2011.
    In addition to no alcohol and no tobacco (with one minor slip).

I don't know who I am anymore.

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, I don't really consider In-n-Out and Five Guys contemporaries based on price and prep time.

12. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

I like Five Guys burgers and In/Out fries. Five Guys fries are nasty.

In/Out is a decent burger but doesn't live up to the hype generated by native Californians.

The early Hardees were fantastic when a real flame grill was used. Now, not so good.

Draft saved Draft deleted