1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In-N-Out expanding to Dallas?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Apr 28, 2010.

1. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Awesome.

2. derwood

derwood Active Member

Shake Shack rules.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I have not eaten in a chain hamburger joint for a decade. There was a long-defunct Greek coffee shop on the corner of Hereford and Newbury streets in the Back Bay in Boston that made the best hamburger I have ever had. Rare was really rare.
    There are Five Guys places south of town, but I live far from them. Around here, the only chain is McD's.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Fuddruckers is really, really good.

I had Flaky Jakes growing up in California. Amazing burgers, but they eventually went under.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I've never been to Kentucky, and never been to Backyard Burger, but when local places fail, and only McDonalds flourishes.... you've got a sad town.

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Fuddruckers is in bankruptcy. Ours out here just shut down.

7. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Same here. Went into to the store about six months ago and walked out. Disgusting.

8. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

The Fuddruckers in my town shut down 2-3 years ago and is now a Mexican restaurant. I've had multiple people tell me it was the most overpriced place they've ever been to.

9. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

That's about what it costs for me at Five Guys. And yes, the little cheeseburger is plenty enough food (especially for you Sonner ;) )

And since overpriced burgers were brought up: that would be Fuddruckers. You definitely can't get out of there for less than $10.

The one around here closed and subsequently was replaced with an American Pie restaurant. Haven't been there, but believe it's a pizza buffet type joint.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  10. Central-KY-Kid

Central-KY-Kid Well-Known Member

The one Burger King in town is by the interstate and within walking distance of six hotels and it does quite well. Both Wendy's do OK, as do the three Arby's, three Subways, two Taco Bells and two KFCs.

There's a local burger place - Bub's - that has HUGE burgers, but it's sit-down only and only open during the day. There was a another local place, Norm's, but it moved to nearby Radcliff (15 minutes away) to the border of Fort Knox and has been getting far more business with the soldiers coming off post.

Zaxby's Chicken and Snappy Tomato Pizza have both opened within the last year and have been rocking, although Hungry Howie's Pizza - the first to open in Kentucky - just closed.

I think at last count, the town (Elizabethtown) of 25,000 had 75 restaurants (albeit 90 percent chain fare). Not too sad.

11. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Pico and Sepulveda?

12. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Good for sure, but not exactly cheap for a fast food burger and they're always packed.

Draft saved Draft deleted