1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In-N-Out expanding to Dallas?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Apr 28, 2010.

1. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

I've lived in a region full of Backyard Burgers for the past 15 years. I've never eaten there. Furthermore, I've never been with a group of friends that have ever suggested going there. The one in my hometown went out of business several years ago.

Guess I'll have to try it out here in a few days.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Where is Backyard Burgers? I've definitely never heard of it and I've lived all over the country.

3. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

If they can have an In-N-Out in the Provo, Utah area, anything is possible.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Ironically, most of the locations are in Missouri.

http://backyardburgers.com/locations/

5. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

I'm betting that In-N-Out will be able to come up with a source of fresh beef in Texas.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I am such a fan of Tommy's.

It is the only fast food hamburger worth the calories and fat.

And nice grab of the original.

7. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

This man knows of what he speaks.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity, there seems to be about 10 El Pollo Locos for every In-N-Out in the Southland. Never ate at one, though. Are they similar to Chick-Fil-A?

9. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Oh good gawd no!

EPL is about the only drive-thru restaurant around where you can actually have a healthy meal-get some chicken, take the skin off, have a salad with it (of course, you can get other fatty stuff, too, but I go healthy with it).

Haven't been able to bring myself to try their new beef menu yet. Sacrilege.

10. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

The In-N-Out family themselves...crazy story.

Mom and Pop had two sons. One was single and OD'd, the other married, had a daughter, then divorced. A few years after the divorce, he was killed in a plane crash. Then Pop died, leaving the Mom as the CEO of the company for several years. Then she died.

At the time of her death in 06, control of the company went to the granddaughter, Lynsi Martinez, who was 25 at the time. She's now like 29 and the CEO/President. She gets her final shares on her 35th birthday, and is certainly the majority shareholder, if not the sole shareholder of the company. There's some scuttlebutt that the board of directors is pressuring her to go public with shares and go nationwide...

11. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Is she single? And at least a 6?

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

In-N-Out needs to avoid what happened when Krystal moved into DFW early last decade. They opened a number of stores and the initial response was incredible (people waiting in the drive-thru lane for blocks and blocks), but the novelty wore off and now there are only 3 stores left in the metroplex.

Draft saved Draft deleted