1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In-N-Out expanding to Dallas?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Nothing can be as good as an In-N-Out burger.

Even an In-N-Out burger. ::)

2. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

There's an In-N-Out a mile away from a 5 Guys in Arlington, so one day this year I'm planning to do a side by side taste test.

I think the burgers are pretty comparable. That's why I want to have them side by side

3. joe king

joe king Active Member

I don't think they're even a mile apart, are they? They're both right around the mall. In fact, they're both near the south end of the mall, right off I-20.

I do remember when the In-N-Out opened, the drive-through line went around the corner.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Owner of the bakery that has provided In-N-Out's buns since the 1950s dies.

http://lat.ms/1dZl399

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I did that once, a few years back. In-N-Out won handily. The only category in which Five Guys might have a slight edge is plain fries vs. plain fries. In-N-Out's aren't that great, I admit, unless they're done animal style.

But in every single other way — everything about the burger, plus price, wait time, etc. — In-N-Out is far superior.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

In-N-Out's fries taste different because they're made from real whole potatoes, sliced fresh and fried fresh in the store. They aren't being soaked in beef tallow and God knows what other chemicals McD's uses in their bagged-and-frozen fries. All they need is a little ketchup.

Draft saved Draft deleted