1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In-N-Out expanding to Dallas?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Just when I was trying to kick the burger habit ....

I may not make it to 50 now.

http://frontburner.dmagazine.com/2010/04/27/in-n-out-burger-in-dallas-good-or-bad/

Sounds like just a matter of when.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Like the link said, it would seem to lose some of its allure to not have In-N-Out solely as a western treat, for those of us who are not in the west but go west occasionally.

Or maybe I'm just jealous of Dallas. Yeah, that's it.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Tried In-n-Out when I was in San Jose a few years ago.

Meh.

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

For those who have had both: In-N-Out or Five Guys?

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Backyard Burger>Five Guys5X>In N Out

As I've noted many times around here, In N Out is the No. 1 most overrated thing in SoCal.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Over-rated *clap clap clapclapclap*

7. mb

mb Active Member

Whataburger will spank their ass and send 'em back to California on the whateverthefuckitis they rode in on.

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Depends on the comparison for In-n-Out.

If you're comparing it to the typical McDonald's/Burger King/Wendy's drive-thru fast food burger, it beats the hell out of them.

But it's not the best burger you'll ever eat... and it's not the best SoCal burger, either.

[​IMG]

9. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Having lived in Houston for a year, I can safely say that, of all the things Texas could have used, another fast food option wasn't one of them.

Actually, check that. It could have used some decent pizza.

10. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

This has been a rumor for several years. It pops up on Texas related message boards on a routine basis. Nothing ever seems to come of it.

11. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I always thought that In-N-Out couldn't go further west than Las Vegas because they use fresh-never-frozen products and so they can't go too far away from their headquarters in California without freezing their products.

12. Hackwilson191

Hackwilson191 Member

Carls' Jr is expanding to Texas but not in-and-out burger. Oh, and Five Guys is also overrated. It costs like 10 bucks for a combo meal. Sure, it's better but not any better than a hamburger from a Chili's or an Applebee's and actually costs more.

Draft saved Draft deleted