1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In-N-Out Burger's 30-Year-Old Billionaire Owner

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by YankeeFan, Feb 5, 2013.

1. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Did you hear about Phillip Roth's new fast food franchise?
    In-and-Out Liver.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I never get Five Guys fries, simply because I can happily fill up on free peanuts for my side. Add in getting water instead of Coke and the price point becomes much more reasonable, especially for the quality.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

We have an In-N-Out down the street from the college.
    As of last year, we have a Habit Burger across the street.
    Habit is good, but not as good as In-N-Out; however, Habit does not require driving.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I'm really cheap date for my company when I travel to Cali -- four nights of In-N-Out receipts. Everywhere else, I'm hunting steak and nearing the dinner allowance.

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I went to Five Guys yesterday and ordered a "little fries." I'd never seen it on the menu before, and I'm not sure if it's been unrolled everywhere. But it was the perfect size, a little bigger than a McDonald's medium. It cost $2.29.

6. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

They have them here, too. I visited one the day after they added it to the menu. Was thrown for a minute at first.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I went to Edzo's in Lincoln Park today. It's the new (second) location of a joint that's located in Evanston, not far from Northwestern. (It was the Chicago are entry on one of the best burger lists I linked to the other day.)

I got a single, with garlic fries. Butger was great, so were the fries, but the fries were huge,

I think next time, I would go with a double, and no fries.

http://edzos.com/menu/

8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Yum. Butger. Sounds kinky!

Tastes like ass.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Butger Hauer?

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Coming to Tennessee...I just wish we could get a Waffle House to Ventura.

Nick Beres NC5

11. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

We still just have just one of the friggin' places here in Katy, and three for the whole Houston metro area. I liked the burger I got there a couple months ago, but unless I'm in the area in the morning when there is a small line, it's basically a no-go. It's a really well-done fast good cheeseburger, but ultimately for a bit more I can just go to a better sit down place in the area if the time is going to be equivalent anyway.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

First FB post I saw after reading yours was from a flight attendant friend who's in ... Katy.

Screen Shot 2023-01-10 at 2.44.08 PM.png

sgreenwell and jr/shotglass like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted