1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In-N-Out Burger's 30-Year-Old Billionaire Owner

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by YankeeFan, Feb 5, 2013.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

But if you order off the dollar menu at McDonalds, you're not getting the same meal as you would at Five Guys. The only way to compare is to take a meal that compares to what you get at Five Guys. Like a double cheeseburger meal with large fries and a drink. I'm guessing it'd be about $8.

But you're right. You cannot get a happy meal at Five Guys for $4.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

No question...

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yeah, but you're both little people.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

5. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Yeah. Such as pizza. Just slapping a "Chicago style" on your pizza joint doesn't bring great 'za to the Valley of the Sun.

6. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Yeah, ever since grammy died, there's been a bit of an Imperial march from the insiders to con Li'l Miss Shareholder to go public in order to go nationwide. Not sure how I feel about that;; I know without a doubt that a NY/tri-state area In-and-Out would fall short on about a billion different levels, starting with an incredibly disingenuous "How ya doon today?"

7. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

There is. We ate there occasionally on dinner breaks.

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Good story on In-N-Out.

In other news, MileHigh just ran to his car and doesn't know why. :)

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Got a Five Guys in this corner of the world ... yet the only one I have been to was in Manhattan with friends.

Don't eat out much anymore ... save the odd trip to Steak-N-Shake. Might have to remember what I'm missing on occasion.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

In-N-Out is very cheap. You can get a hamburger combo for about $6. For a Double-Double, animal fries and a large soft drink, it's about $9. Five Guys is all told probably $12-14 for one meal, but if you bring a family, one order of fries will do you. They are HUGE.

There are 16 In-N-Outs in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, and I try to stop in at the one down the road from me once a week. There is one in Lancaster that is perfect for trips to Austin. We also have Mooyah, which is kind of a Five Guys / In-N-Out mash-up.

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

There is a Five Guys here at the mall down the road from me here in suburban Toronto. I will get there one of these days.

Draft saved Draft deleted