1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In-N-Out burger chain expands ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Claws for Concern, Feb 14, 2008.

1. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Fresh. You can see them put a potato in a cutting device (kind of like one of those lever corkscrews) and out come cut potatoes. Their fries are awesome.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Fresh fries.

Burgers that aren't frozen.

Pretty hard to compete with that.

3. Umm, Fuddruckers is not fast food, so the comparison isn't apt.

If you're going to spend $6 on a restaurant burger, agreed, Fuddruckers is tough to beat.

If you're going to spend $3 on a fast-food burger, In-n-Out is tough to beat.

4. Looks like BuckDub beat me to it.

5. patchs

patchs Active Member

All this burger talk is making this Catholic crazy on a Lenten Friday.
    My dinner choices are Van Gorton's fish or frozen cheese pizza.
    I am eating a hamburger on Saturday.
    BTW, what do you folks think of Red Robin? There's one 45 miles from me and I'm thinking about making a trip.
    Also, there's a place called Limburger's an hour away, any opinions?

6. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

Actually, for the entire first page of this thread, the criteria was burger places.
    Only Lyman Bostock (top of page 2) threw in the "fast food" thing. I know some people threw in Hooters, Bob's Big Boy, etc., etc. So, I think Fuddruckers is still applicable.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

That's why In-N-Out won't open a location more than 400 miles from its distribution center.
    And I play cards with a kid who is an assistant manager for In-N-Out. They really do take care of their employees.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Of course, In-N-Out also cites Biblical passages on its burger wrappers and cups.
    Not the full quotes, just book, chapter and verse, such as John 3:16.
    I'm sure some will be bothered by that.

9. patchs

patchs Active Member

If the food is good, they could print "Fast Food Nation" on the wrappers and I wouldn't care.

10. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

OK, then I take back my previous statement. I can't name 10 other fast-food places with better burgers than In-N-Out.

I can only name five. Hahahaha. ;)

11. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Agreed. And then I can expand by about 50 pounds.

12. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

A few years ago, I would have said that a couple dozen people I went to high school with were probably there last night. But now, nobody goes there anymore because it's too crowded.

Draft saved Draft deleted